Appeal to the Council of Heads of Government of the Member States Shanghai Cooperation Organization« Back
VI International Business Forum
Moscow Business Dialogue
SHANGHAI COOPERATION ORGANIZATION
GREAT EURASIAN PARTNERSHIP: COMBINING FORMATS OF ECONOMIC COOPERATION AND INTEGRATION
Perspective strategies for cooperation within the SCO, EEA, ASEAN and BRICS for medium and small business
Moscow, House of the Government of Moscow, st. Novy Arbat, 36.
November 22, 2017
to the Council of Heads of Government of the Member States
Shanghai Cooperation Organization
We, the participants of the 6th International Business Forum "Moscow Business Dialogue of the SCO", representing business circles and public organizations of the SCO member states, as well as observer countries and dialogue partners, gathered on November 22, 2017 in Moscow under the auspices of the secretariat of the Business Council SCO.
During the forum the following topics were considered:
- the possibility of the SCO in conjugating the Eurasian Economic Union and the PRC "One Belt One Way" project, as well as the formation of the Great Eurasian Partnership;
- investments in construction, energy and agriculture in the SCO space;
- transport and logistics support of trade relations and issues of customs regulation;
- information and telecommunications and financial and banking support for economic cooperation in the SCO space.
Having considered the agenda of the Moscow Business Dialogue of the SCO, its participants address the Council of Heads of Governments of the SCO member states with the following proposals and recommendations:
1. to use more actively the potential of the SCO as a driver of growth and a locomotive for the development of new branches of the economy of the participating countries, a platform for the implementation of innovative projects of international economic cooperation;
2. to supplement the economic sections of the SCO Development Strategy until 2025 with guidelines for using the SCO's capabilities to interface the EEA and the One-Way-One Way project, the implementation of the Russian initiative for the formation of the Great Eurasian Partnership;
3. to expand the use of national currencies in mutual settlements of the SCO countries, including at the sites of international financial institutions and subsidiary banks in the territory of the partner countries; consider the use of blockade technology in international financial transactions between SCO member countries;
4. to use the principle of changing geometry in the SCO project activity, implying that bilateral and multilateral projects with the participation of the SCO countries with the consent of the parties can be proposed for consideration and cooperation to other participants of the Organization;
5. to support the idea of adopting a Memorandum on the development of cooperation in the field of small and medium-sized business in the SCO member states;
6. in the field of mutual investments in different sectors of the economy:
- to support the proposal of Russia to establish a club of governors of the regions of the SCO member states, promote contacts, establish strong ties, stimulate mutual interest and joint business practices of the leaders of the regions of the SCO member states;
- to consider, in order to expand the use of insurance as one of the investment protection instruments, the possibility of convergence of national legislations in the insurance industry, the development of common rules and requirements for the tariff policy of insurance companies;
- to study the issue of creating under the SCO Business Council a Center for Competence and Expertise of the SCO in the field of investment design;
- to develop a set of measures to counter corruption, unreasonable bureaucratic obstacles and administrative barriers; to provide investors from the SCO member states with the most favored nation treatment when investing in partner countries of the Organization;
- to accelerate the development of an agreed position of the SCO member states on the establishment of the Bank / SCO Development Fund; form transparent mechanisms for examining applications for preferential loans for enterprises of the SCO member countries;
- to promote projects for the organization of a network of technology parks, youth business incubators, construction of business centers under the single brand "SCO / BRICS / Silk Road" in the capitals of participating countries, observers and partners in the SCO dialogue;
- to use more actively the potential of free economic zones for the implementation of joint projects, including in the territory of the Republic of Crimea;
7. in the field of international transport and logistics links:
- to use the transit potential of the Russian Federation more actively within the framework of the PRC "One Belt - One Way" project, including the Northern Sea Route and the Trans-Siberian Railway;
- to develop a Transport Infrastructure Development Strategy for the SCO member states for the period until 2030, and establish a mechanism for coordinating and interfacing transport strategies of the SCO member countries;
- to move consistently towards lifting the customs barriers in trade relations between the SCO member states;
- to study the possibility of forming a single automated system of electronic document circulation of the SCO member countries in terms of transport, logistics and customs procedures, as well as regulatory documents;
- to create a joint working group of representatives of the Business Council and the Business Club of the SCO, the Business Council of the EAEC and other international organizations, businesses and specialists of the relevant structures of the SCO, ECE and other multilateral institutions operating in the Eurasian space to work together on the project filling the plans for linking the Chinese initiative " One belt - one way "with the development of integration processes in the EEA and economic partnership in Greater Eurasia;
8. in the field of energy:
- to intensify the work of expert organizations within the framework of the SCO Energy Club; to create on its basis a network center for energy information and forecasting of the SCO with the involvement of leading national research and expert centers in this field;
- to use for the regular meetings of the Energy Club the site of the annual Energy Forum under the aegis of the Secretariat of the SCO Business Council;
9. in the field of development of business infrastructure, information and telecommunications and financial and banking support:
- to support the proposals of the PRC on the preparation of an agreement on the simplification of trade relations between the SCO member states, the framework agreement on cooperation in the field of trade in services, the formation of the SCO's "think tank" and the trade and industry association (assembly) in electronic commerce; welcome the offer of the People's Republic of China to host the First China International Import Fair in November 2018;
- to promote the expansion of the competence of the SCO Business Council as a communicative platform for advancing technological innovation, electronic commerce and other promising forms of cooperation in the SCO region; expansion of cooperation between exhibition and fair and congress centers of the SCO countries, the creation of collective presentation centers; creation within the SCO of a consolidated depository of copyright property rights to stimulate the commercial turnover of such rights;
- to promote the coordinated development of national legislations of the SCO member countries in the regulation of innovative sectors of the economy - in particular, unmanned vehicles, the use of crypto-currencies and electronic commerce;
- to promote in every possible way the attraction of small and medium-sized business enterprises to the implementation of projects through the SCO, the EEA and the BRICS; for this purpose, when planning large projects of interstate cooperation, to provide for the quota for participation in their implementation of small and medium-sized businesses;
- to form an information system based on a single database of medium and small business entities of SCO member countries;
- to form an international expert group under the SCO Business Council for cooperation in the field of using blockade and e-commerce technology.
Participants in the forum condemned the use of illegal economic sanctions as an instrument of political pressure, and also called for the exclusion from the practice of the SCO member countries of restrictions on trade activities between SCO partners in connection with issues of political conjuncture.
Participants in the 6th Moscow Business Dialogue expressed their gratitude to the SCO Business Club, the Secretariat of the SCO Business Council, the Russian part of the SCO Business Council for organizing the work of the forum.
The next meeting in this format is planned to be held in 2018 on the eve of the next meeting of the Council of Heads of Governments of the SCO member states.